Top 10 Luxury 5 Star Resorts for Families in Europe!
By Vikki Ashton
What do we look for when recommending resorts for families?
- Facilities – a good mix of activities for children of all ages from excellent kids club programs for the younger guests to more adventurous for teenagers
- Type of accommodation – interconnecting and family suites located on the lower floors, preferably ground floor
- Food – excellent dining options including kids menus , buffets, a variety of board options including all-inclusive
- Location – good flight times and location in proximity to the airport and of course close to or on the beach
- Price – value for money – not cheap, but a genuine feeling of ‘I am really getting what I have paid for’
So, which resorts do we believe live up to our criteria?
- Gloria Golf & Serenity Resorts in Turkey – both 5 star resorts, located side by side, fabulous all-inclusive concept available and boasts it’s very own waterpark, amphitheatre and bowling alley. Choose from the hotel or in-resort villas. Prices start at £737pp half board including flights and transfers.
- La Manga Club Resort in Spain, voted safest resort in Europe. Features 28 tennis courts, 3 championship golf courses, football, cricket and dance academies plus a wide variety of accommodation options from a 5 star hotel at the heart of the resort to hundreds of individual private villas, townhouses and apartments located throughout. Hotel prices start at just £559pp B&B including flights and transfers.
- Sheraton Algarve & Pine Cliffs Residences in the Algarve – appealing to families with children of all ages. Superb kids club and facilities like the 18 hole mini-golf course. A variety of excellent restaurants and different accommodation types to suit all family types and sizes. Plus the launch of a brand new development of luxury suites in June 2016! Prices start at £597pp including flights and transfers.
- Martinhal Beach Resort Hotel & Villas in the Algarve – a superb resort for families with children of all ages. The main hotel features 37 rooms within the main hotel complex, as well as 116 'village' houses and a wide range of villas, including around 20 luxury villas that can accommodate large groups of family and friends (they can include their own pools). Prices start at £741pp B&B including flights and private transfers.
- Ikos Olivia in Halkidiki, Greece – a top class luxury resort which only opened this year and has already amassed a strong following. Ultra-luxury all-inclusive concept with a brilliant range of activities for children including ’Babewatch’ - parents can enjoy some downtime for 30 minutes on the beach whilst children are kept occupied at the resorts own beachside tent, with activities provided. Prices start at £585pp all-inclusive including flights and private transfers.
- Porto Elounda Golf & Spa Resort, Crete – a superb resort for families in a stunning setting. Activity clubs available from Crèche to Teenagers offering an excellent mix of activities including dancing lessons and an Arsenal School Camp. Prices start from £754pp B&B including flights and transfers.
- Marbella Corfu, Corfu – a tranquil resort, amazingly packed with facilities and activities for the whole family including 6 restaurants, 5 swimming pools and kids clubs starting as young as 4 months! Prices start from £404pp half board including flights and transfers.
- Puente Romano Beach Resort & Spa, Marbella, Spain – an exclusive resort ideal for families and couples offering a superb range of accommodation types. 4 excellent restaurants, including the renowned Namazake Japanese. Prices start from £808pp B&B including flights and transfers.
- Gran Hotel Bahai del Duque Resort, Costa Adeje, Tenerife – impeccable service, high standard of accommodation and on-resort activities for children and parents! Prices start from £829pp B&B including flights and transfers.
- Gran Hotel Atlantis Bahia Real, Fuerteventura, Canaries – boasting the best beach in the Canaries, this award winning resort features excellent family accommodation including spacious Junior Suites to accommodate whole families or interconnecting rooms. There is a children’s pool and dedicated menus as well as a varied programme of events at the kids club. Prices start from £695pp B&B including flights and transfers.
Please note these are guide prices and are subject to change; prices may vary due to fluctuations in flight and hotel availability, and exchange rate. Terms & conditions apply. Call our experienced team of Resort Experts who have personally visited and vetted all these featured resorts on 01625 865071.