Arranged around indigenous parkland, these semi-detached villas contain stylish practicality with the use of natural materials
Located in a delightful position overlooking the beautiful Martinhal Beach, and situated within a protected national park, Martinhal Village is within easy reach of the historic town of Sagres, in the unspoilt western region of the Portuguese Algarve. This is a truly luxurious resort with exceptional service, and where guests return year after year to enjoy the resort's generous hospitality. You can choose between Martinhal Village houses or a range of Luxury Resort Villas at the Martinhal Resort, and all have much to recommend them. The Ocean Houses are in a commanding position at the heart of the resort, with living spaces upstairs to embrace lovely sea views. In addition to the Ocean Houses, there are around 20 villas to choose from, as well as a further 23 luxury resort townhouses collectively known as the Villas Mimosa. These are independently owned and feature 2 or 3 large bedrooms plus private parking.
The Martinhal Village Houses and Resort Villas are finished to the very highest specifications, with delightful contemporary decor, large living and dining spaces, plus an impressive portfolio of fittings and appliances.
All Houses & Resort Villas Feature:
- Flat screen TV
- Fully fitted kitchens
- DVD/CD players
- iPod docking station
- Washing machine and dryer
- Luxury bathrooms with Voya amenities
- Daily maid service (private residences only)
Independently Owned Resort Villas:
Private resort villas are also available to rent at Martinhal Village and Just Resort Villas feature a wide range of resort villas which are available to book with our Resort Villa Experts by emailing us or calling us for further information and a full breakdown of each resort villa we have for rental. We have listed just a sample of the Martinhal Resort villas below (as there are around 30 resort villas in total for rent).
All Resort Villas Feature:
- Sea views
- Located on the western margin of the resort
- Situated in landscaped grounds with private garden and pool
- Some resort villas are fenced for child safety
- Stylish artisan interior decor, many with underfloor heating and most with air conditioning
- Towels and bed linen included
- Full access to resort and leisure facilities, kids club, spa and wellness centre and shops
- Village Square at the heart of the resort, with bars, restaurants and amenities
- 3 restaurants including O Terraço for buffet breakfast and Portuguese specialities, Os Gambozinos for a la carte Italian and As Dunas for beachfront dining
- 4 bars including the beach Club Pool Bar, a family coffee shop and surf bar and a juice bar
- 5 swimming pools including kids and toddler pools
- Club 98 Sports club featuring 2 tennis courts, 2 paddle tennis courts, pool and bar and an adjacent sports field
- Fully equipped gym
- Exclusive beach with water-sports centre (kayaking, surfing, kite-surfing, windsurfing)
- Finisterra Spa for oriental treatments, pampering and beauty
- Children and teenagers clubs (see Families tab)
- Dolphin watching
- Walking and bike tours
- Daily exercise classes and sports activities
- Village Square shop
The following age bracketed clubs/groups are available on a paid basis:
Incorporates children from the ages of 6 months to 8 years in three separate clubs. Activities in these clubs includes puzzles, toys, indoor and outdoor supervised play and even evening surprises whilst parents enjoy their evening meal:
- Creche for those aged 6-23 months
- Kids club for those aged 2-4 years
- Fox Club for those aged 5-8 years
Tweens and Teens
Incorporates those aged from 9-18 years in two separate clubs. Activities include windsurfing, dolphin watching, t-shirt printing, cookery classes, table games, junior lifeguard courses and bicycle adventures:
- Explorer's Club for those aged 9-12 years
- Adventure Club for those aged 13-18
Children's menus are available at all three resort restaurants as well and you'll also find a dedicated children's play area in all three.
The following facilities are available for younger guests: Baby Concierge: Allows you to pre book baby equipment including sterilisers, potties, safety gates, pushchairs The Blue Room - a dedicated space for older children to enjoy table tennis, pool and air hockey as well as internet terminals and board games
Mercado: This shop at the village square sells lotions, nappies, baby food and other products
Sports Academies: Tennis and football academies are available in the main school holiday periods and are divided into the same age bracketed groups as the kids clubs. It is best to book your place in advance which you can do by calling us on 01625 865071.
- Family accommodation.
- Spacious lawns & garden
- Blue Flag beach
- Baby sitting in guestroom (24 hours, fixed rates)
- Infant food (to order in restaurants)
- High chairs in all restaurants
- Kids toiletries & bathrobes
- Kids menus in a la carte restaurants
- Paediatrician (doctor) on call
O Terraço - Family dining
The O Terraço restaurant is located on the first floor of 5-star Hotel Martinhal and boasts stunning views over the ocean and Martinhal beach. This restaurant is the perfect place to start your day. A full buffet breakfast is prepared every day to cater for all tastes with a kids’ corner to keep little ones entertained while parents can finish their cappuccinos in peace! Experience a culinary journey through Portuguese gastronomy presented with a modern twist. Contemporary eclectic design, fresh top quality produce, and warm efficient service in a relaxing environment, offer an enjoyable family dining experience. Outside, a generous wooden deck terrace spills out to embrace the spectacular view – the picturesque Martinhal Bay.
As Dunas - Lunchtime snacks and dinner
The As Dunas restaurant commands an enviable location overlooking the beach at Martinhal Beach Resort & Hotel and offers a tempting lunchtime menu, serving snacks during the afternoon and dinner in the evening.
It is the exceptional selection of fresh fish and seafood that the restaurant is renowned for. A veritable ocean harvest is cooked and presented in a typical Algarve fashion. Special ‘catch-of-the-day’ options further enrich the choice.
Os Gambozinos - Italian open for dining and take-away
Located in the heart of the Resort, Os Gambozinos, is the perfect venue for the whole family. This Italian restaurant, open for lunch and dinner during high season, features an a la carte menu with hot and cold antipasti, salads, delicious pasta dishes and a wide range of mouth-watering pizzas and main course daily specials. For younger guests, a special children’s menu offers bite-sized portions. Service is efficient and friendly. The atmosphere here is informal, light-hearted and family friendly. Parents can relax and enjoy their meal, while children entertain themselves at the play area in the Village Square.
Os Gambozinos also offers an extensive range of hot take-away dishes for dining in the sophisticated surroundings of your own house.
M Bar – Family and Surf Bar
M Bar – is the family Coffee Shop and Surf Bar with the best surf themed ambiance featuring a stage for live entertainment, cozy sofas, an incredible 1970´s VW camper van booth, a dedicated kids bar with iPads and games area adjacent, as well as a connecting door to an outdoor protected play area. In the true spirit of surf, the design concepts and decoration of M Bar have used local designers and photographers in its conception.
Start the day with an energetic breakfast, grab a nice light lunch, enjoy tea/coffee and cakes, chill out after a day of surfing with a cocktail. “Whatever floats your board, it's here” – three types of tap beer as well as tap cider, a fair collection of Portuguese wine and sparkling wine, and the widest range of spirits offered in the region.
Prices & Offers
Prices & Offers
Our prices are very much dependant on availability and exchange rate at time of booking. Call our travel experts now on 01625 865071 for the best prices.