- Martinhal Sagres Beach Resort Hotel
Martinhal Sagres Beach Resort Hotel, Overview
Located in a delightful position overlooking lovely Martinhal Beach, and situated within a protected national park, Martinhal Beach Resort & Hotel is within easy reach of the historic town of Sagres, in the unspoilt western region of the Portuguese Algarve. This is a truly luxurious resort and winner of two World Travel Awards in 2013 - where personal service is the signature - and guests return year after year to enjoy the resort's generous hospitality. Surrounded by the most beautifully unspoilt countryside - the open layout of landscaped grounds allow nature, the beautifully maintained gardens and the many amenities to blend together in perfect harmony. Accommodation is impressively varied, from luxurious, light and airy hotel rooms through to large, imposing villas in the grounds - and given that much of the accommodation is family-oriented, it's no surprise to know that this is very much a child-friendly resort, with excellent facilities for youngsters and plenty for teenagers to do as well.
Why You'll Love It
Our Just Resorts Travel Expert says:
"Peace, tranquillity, and enjoyment of Martinhal's irresistible concept of 'barefoot luxury'; these are just some of the many pleasures you'll experience here. And if you want to be lazy or fill your days with physical activity, the resort has enough to occupy you and the family all day, every day. Delightfully, deliciously, the choice is always yours!"
The resort has 37 rooms within the main hotel complex, as well as 116 'village' houses and a wide range of villas, including around 20 luxury villas that can accommodate large groups of family and friends (they can include their own pools).
All Rooms Feature:
- Flat-screen TV with a choice of channels and video options
- iPod docking station
- iPod docking station
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Private bathroom
- Bathrobes and slippers
Room Type Selection:
Beach Room with Partial / Full Sea View
- Based in a cluster of four rooms near the beach
- Private balcony or terrace with panoramic views
- Double or twin beds
- Village Square - the hub of the resort featuring bars, restaurants and leisure amenities
- 3 restaurants including O Terraco for buffet breakfast and Portuguese daily specials, Os Gambozinos for upmarket a la carte Italian and As Dunas for casual beachfront dining
- 4 bars including the beach Club Pool Bar, a family coffee shop and surf bar and a juice bar
- 5 swimming pools - including kids' and toddlers' pools
- Club 98 Sports club - featuring 2 tennis courts, 2 paddle-tennis courts, pool and bar and adjacent sports field
- Fully equipped gym
- Exclusive beach with water-sports centre (kayaking, surfing, kite-surfing, windsurfing)
- Finisterra Spa - oriental treatments, pampering & beauty
- Children's and teenagers' clubs (see Families tab)
- Walking and bike tours
- Daily exercise classes and sports activities
- Village Square shop
- Please note that not all listed facilities are complimentary
The following clubs/groups are available on a paid for basis at the hotel:
Welcomes children aged 6 months - 8 years across three separate clubs. Activities in these includes puzzles, toys, indoor and outdoor play (supervised) and evening adventures whilst parents enjoy their evening meal.
- Crèche designed for those aged 6-23 months
- Kids club designed for those aged 2-4 years
- Fox Club designed for those aged 5-8 years
Tweens and Teens
Welcomes younger guests aged from 9-18 years in two separate clubs. Activities include windsurfing, t-shirt printing, dolphin watching, cookery classes, table games, junior lifeguard courses and bicycle trips.
- Explorer's Club designed for those aged 9-12 years
- Adventure Club designed for those aged 13-18
Children's menus are on offer at all three resort restaurants as well and you'll also find a dedicated children's play area in each, too.
The following facilities are available for younger guests
- Baby Concierge - You can pre book baby equipment including sterilisers, potties, safety gates and pushchairs
- The Blue Room - This is a dedicated space for older children to enjoy table tennis, pool and air hockey as well as internet terminals and board games
- Mercado - The store at the village square sells lotions, nappies, baby food and other products
- Sports Academies - including tennis and football. These are available in the main school holidays and are divided into the same age bracketed groups as the kids clubs. It is recommended to book your place in advance which you can do by calling us on 01625 865071.
O Terraço - family dining
The O Terraço restaurant is located on the first floor of 5-star Hotel Martinhal and boasts stunning views over the ocean and Martinhal beach. This restaurant is the perfect place to start your day. A full buffet breakfast is prepared every day to cater for all tastes with a kids’ corner to keep little ones entertained while parents can finish their cappuccinos in peace!
Combining eclectic design, fresh top quality products from both the “surf” and the “turf”, regional food and wine with warm efficient service in a relaxing environment, offering kid’s facilities, bringing to the client a contemporary family dining experience.
To dine at O Terraço is to experience a culinary journey through Portuguese gastronomy presented with a modern twist.
Why not just sip an exquisite glass of port on the terrace overlooking the sea. Outside, a generous wooden deck terrace spills out to embrace the spectacular view – the picturesque Martinhal Bay.
As Dunas - lunchtime snacks and dinner
The As Dunas restaurant commands an enviable location overlooking the beach at Martinhal Beach Resort & Hotel and offers a tempting lunchtime menu, serves snacks during the afternoon and dinner in the evening.
It is the wide selection of absolutely fresh fish and seafood that the restaurant is renowned for. A veritable ocean harvest is cooked and presented in a typical Algarve fashion. Special ‘catch-of-the-day’ options further enrich the choice.
Os Gambozinos - Italian open for dining and take-away
ocated in the heart of the Resort, Os Gambozinos, is the perfect venue for the whole family. This Italian restaurant, open for dinner during high season, features an a la carte menu with hot and cold antipasti, salads, delicious pasta dishes and a wide range of mouth-watering pizzas and main course daily specials. For younger guests, a special children’s menu offers bite-sized portions. Service is efficient and friendly. The atmosphere here is informal, light-hearted and family friendly. Parents can relax and enjoy their meal, while children entertain themselves at the play area in the Village Square.
Os Gambozinos also offers an extensive range of hot take-away dishes for dining in the sophisticated surroundings of your own house.
M Bar – Family and Surf Bar
M Bar – is the family Coffee Shop and Surf Bar with the best surf themed ambiance featuring a stage for live entertainment, cozy sofas, an incredible 1970´s VW camper van booth, a dedicated kids bar with iPads and games area adjacent, as well as a connecting door to an outdoor protected play area. In the true spirit of surf, the design concepts and decoration of M Bar have used local designers and photographers in its conception.
Start the day with an energetic breakfast, grab a nice light lunch, enjoy tea/coffee and cakes, chill out after a day of surfing with a cocktail. “Whatever floats your board, it's here” – three types of tap beer as well as tap cider, a fair collection of Portuguese wine and sparkling wine, and the widest range of spirits offered in the region.